Ashland Nebraska dental implants are the perfect alternative to dentures or bridges. While dentures and bridges work to replace missing teeth, they often affect the person wearing them negatively.
Denture issues go without saying. They are clumsy, need to be fixed and adjusted constantly, and are uncomfortable. Furthermore, the procedure often weakens teeth used to support the bridge. The longer the bridge is in, the worse things can get.
However, with Ashland Nebraska dental implants, you have a beautiful smile that will last a lifetime. In addition, they do not require much maintenance other than cleaning, as you would your natural teeth.
What is a Dental Implant Exactly?
A missing tooth can be replaced with a dental implant, which is a kind of prosthetic. Crowns and roots are the two components that make up natural teeth. The part of the tooth that is exposed and covered in white enamel is called the crown. The tooth root, which penetrates into the jawbone, acts as a support structure for the crown.
An implant will effectively replace the portion of the tooth known as the root when it is successfully placed. Typically, three components make up what is referred to as an implant. The implant device, the abutment, and the crown of the tooth.
Implants can be used to support removable or fixed dentures. However, they can also be used to replace a single tooth, several adjacent teeth, or all of the teeth that are missing in a jaw. The final restoration, as well as the amount of bone that is available for the implant, will determine the number of implants that will be placed.
Benefits of Ashland Nebraska Dental Implants
Today, Ashland, Nebraska, dental implants are the preferred method of replacing missing teeth. This is because:
- Restorations made using dental implants are the closest thing to the look, feel, and performance of natural teeth.
- Because they are surgically placed in your jawbone, the implants form a bond with the bone and behave just like natural teeth.
- Over 90% of patients who receive dental implants experience long-term success with the procedure. This impressive result has been backed up by many studies that have been conducted over the course of many decades. These studies involve tens of thousands of implant patients.
- Dental implants protect the jawbone and stop the natural process of bone resorption. This is when a bone is lost over time. Only one method of tooth replacement, dental implant therapy, can achieve this result.
- Dental implant therapy, in contrast to traditional bridge therapy, will never harm the teeth that are adjacent to the implant. Unfortunately, to provide support for a dental bridge, it is necessary to substantially reduce the size of the teeth adjacent to the gap. This impacts the teeth adjacent to the affected tooth, always increasing the risk of requiring a root canal treatment in the future and/or experiencing recurrent tooth decay.
- It is reasonable to expect dental implants to last a lifetime.
Learning More About the Benefits
While Ashland Nebraska dental implants have many benefits, there are some drawbacks to consider. One would be the initial upfront costs. While dentures are more affordable, they also require replacement and adjustments and get damaged more easily. Something to consider when deciding what treatment would be best for you.
How Long Does It Take To Get Dental Implants?
In many cases, dental implant placement can occur at the same time a damaged tooth is extracted. In other instances, getting the best results from implant therapy may require staged treatment, which consists of at least two separate procedures.
How long the treatment will take will depend on your jawbone and other factors. If you have questions regarding dental implants, don’t hesitate to call us at 402-493-8900 to learn more.
What to Expect During a Dental Implant Procedure
Dr. Green will provide you with recommendations regarding the most effective way to position Ashland Nebraska dental implants. There are many times that the procedure can be done all at one time, with the patient getting the tooth extracted and replaced in one sitting. This is referred to as a same-day procedure. The Dental Implant Centre offers same-day dental implants.
During the first phase of the procedure, which involves the surgical placement of the implant, you will either receive IV sedation or local anesthesia to numb your mouth in preparation for the surgery. Because of this, you won’t experience any pain or discomfort.
During the surgery, the dentist can insert the implant into the jawbone in the space left by your missing tooth. When it is finally in place, the gums are sutured back over the implant by the dentist so that it is completely hidden.
Recovery of Dental Implants and Final Implantation
Your recovery will take place at home, and you will most likely return to the clinic in a few months for the subsequent stage of the procedure. This allows sufficient time for the bone to grow around the implant, which strengthens it to the point where it can maintain its position. This procedure is known as osseointegration, and it describes the process by which the titanium fuses with the bone.
Dr. Green will conduct an examination to determine whether or not the implant is stable in its position. After that, a connecting piece called an abutment will be positioned over the post portion of the implant. This is the piece that will hold the replacement tooth. Finally, the permanent replacement tooth is set into place.
Call the Dental Implant Centre Today!
As you can see, there are many ways to go about getting dental implants. Which method is right for you will be determined by Dr. Green and yourself. We work with people to help them understand the procedure and everything they should expect so there are no surprises.
If you have lost teeth for whatever reason, Dr. Green and his staff at The Dental Implant Centre are here to help. We have performed this type of procedure on many patients with excellent results. Call 402-493-8900 to find out more.